What is a VA Refinance Loan?
A VA refinance loan comes through the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and allows homeowners to use the equity they've earned from their homes and turn it into cash. You can use a VA refinance loan to help pay off high-interest credit card debt, pursue schooling, make home improvements, or pay off liens.
Additionally, veterans may be able to get an interest rate reduction refinance loan (IRRRL) to attain a lower interest rate.
Benefits of a VA Refinance Loan
Any loan from the VA offers several benefits, including:
- Lower interest rates: VA loans are government-backed, making them a lower risk for lenders, resulting in lower interest rates.
- No mortgage insurance: Thanks to the government backing, VA loans don't require the borrower to have private mortgage insurance (PMI), which lowers monthly payments.
- No down payment required: A VA loan is one of the few loans loan types that do not require down payments, allowing you to keep your cash for other projects.
- Easier to meet credit requirements: You can qualify for a VA loan with a higher debt-to-income (DTI) ratio than other mortgage programs.
Who Qualifies for a VA Refinance Loan?
VA refinance loan requirements dictate that the borrower be a member of one of these groups:
- Military veterans
- Active duty service members
- Some surviving spouses
- Active duty members of the Reserve and National Guard
- Current National Guard or Reserve members that have put in six years of service
You or the service member must have been discharged honorably and met any requirements for length of service. Occupancy also must be certified for the property.
To see if you qualify for a VA refinance loan, you must request a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to show the lender. You'll also have to meet your lender's credit and income requirements.
Why Choose Mortgage Center?
If you're interested in pursuing a VA refinance loan, Mortgage Center is here to help. Our exclusive loan products allow us to provide high-quality service and low VA refinance rates. Our team will service the mortgage for the life of your loan.
We have been serving our community mortgage borrowers and credit union members since 1990. Mortgage Center has a team of over 100 mortgage experts prepared to help you with your VA refinance loan.
Other benefits of working with Mortgage Center include:
- Open communication: We encourage our team members to speak honestly and kindly to everyone we work with. We put these values at the core of everything we do.
- High-quality service: Our goal is to provide excellent services and a memorable, positive experience for everyone we work with.
- Community investment: We care about our community and ensure we give back by allowing team members to volunteer in the area.
Mortgage Center cares — and we'll work to help you get the VA refinance you need.
Apply for a VA Refinance Loan Today
Mortgage Center is proud to help current and former service members and their spouses secure the loan products they need. With our high-quality services and well-trained team members, we can help you throughout the process. Contact us to learn more or apply for a VA refinance today!