What Is an FHA Loan?
An FHA loan is a popular choice for first-time homebuyers because of the benefits they offer like low down payments and flexible credit requirements. These loans are backed by the federal government, offering a secure way to finance your home.
Benefits of an FHA Loan
An FHA loan offers homeowners:
- Lower down payments: As long as you meet the minimum credit score, you'll be able to take advantage of much lower down payments. Unlike other loans, which usually require at least 20%, with an FHA loan, you can put down as little as 3.5%.
- Flexible credit requirements: An FHA loan is also much easier to qualify for because it requires a lower credit score. Borrowers can obtain a loan with less than perfect credit because the loan is backed by the government, making it less risky for lenders.
- Ability to use gift funds: Gift funds from friends or family can be applied to your down payment, which helps individuals who might not be able to afford a down payment obtain the loan they need.
Who Qualifies for an FHA Home Purchase Loan?
As with all U.S. housing loans, you'll need to meet the following minimum qualifications to obtain an FHA home purchase loan:
- Reside legally in the United States.
- Be of legal age.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
However, you'll have fewer standards that you must meet compared to other loans. Even if you don't have the usual minimum credit score of 650, you still have the opportunity to obtain an FHA home purchase loan if you can prove consistent employment and the ability to pay off debts in a timely manner.
Why Choose Mortgage Center?
When you choose Mortgage Center, you'll get to work one-on-one with our team of more than 100 mortgage experts. We've been serving our community since 1990, building strong relationships and helping it grow.
Whatever your goals, you'll have access to exclusive loan products and lower rates. We'll collaborate with you, ensuring your needs are taken care of so you have a memorable experience from start to finish. To ensure the success of all our members, we service all mortgages for the entire life of the loan.
Get Your Application Started Today
Interested in learning more about our FHA home loan rates and process? We can help you get started. Either fill out our application form or give us a call at 800-353-4449 today.